Fire engines from Okehampton and Hatherleigh were sent to a report of a bedroom fire at Jubilee Close, Okehampton.

On arrival fire crews confirmed there were smoke and flames coming from the property.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “This was a fire involving the bedroom of a two storey mid terrace property. Crews extinguished using one hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus, two thermal imaging cameras and a positive pressure fan.

“100% of the bedroom was damaged by fire and 10% water damage sustained.”

They added: “The cause of the fire was accidental.”